[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MAC : Lasso updated for security flaw.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: MAC : Lasso updated for security flaw.
- From: Andrew Laurence <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:31:37 -0700
- Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:31:52 -0700
- Resent-date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:36:38 -0700
- Resent-from: Lyle Wiedeman <email@example.com>
- Resent-message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-to: email@example.com
A security flaw was recently discovered in the CGI application
Lasso, from BlueWorld Communications. Lasso allows data from a FileMaker
Pro database to be published on the world wide web (WWW). From BlueWorld's
information, "This hole allows Lasso to return files which have the creator
code of 'WWW<omega symbol>'."
Mac OS, WebStar-compliant web server, with Lasso.
Lasso updates are available from Blue World Communications.
Blue World Communications: http://www.blueworld.com/
Update your copy of Lasso immediately. Copies of the updaters for
Lasso are available from UCI's Macintosh software Archive, in the
OAC Macintosh Archive home page:
Office of Academic Computing firstname.lastname@example.org
E2130 Engineering Gateway (714) 824-6116